At least 20 people were killed, and another was wounded:
In Maflaka village, near Hatra, militants killed the mayor and wounded his son. Saad al-Me’mari was the mayor’s name.
Turkey announced airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Avasin-Basyan, Metina, and Zap, which left eight guerrillas dead.
Eleven militants were killed in ongoing operations in Akashat and Wadi al-Halkoum.
Militants bombed an electrical transmission line in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018