At least 20 people were killed, and another was wounded:
In Maflaka village, near Hatra, militants killed the mayor and wounded his son. Saad al-Me’mari was the mayor’s name.
Turkey announced airstrikes on suspected Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) targets in Avasin-Basyan, Metina, and Zap, which left eight guerrillas dead.
Eleven militants were killed in ongoing operations in Akashat and Wadi al-Halkoum.
Militants bombed an electrical transmission line in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018