At least 11 people were killed or found dead, and eight were wounded:
In Mosul, security forces discovered eight bodies, including those that belonged to children.
In al-Zor, a bomb killed one militiaman and wounded five more.
Two people were shot and wounded on a highway near Baquba.
Parliament elected a new speaker after failing at their first attempt on September 3. Lawmakers now have 90 days in which to create the new government. Sunni politician Mohammed al-Halbousi is a former governor of Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018