At least 11 people were killed or found dead, and eight were wounded:
In Mosul, security forces discovered eight bodies, including those that belonged to children.
In al-Zor, a bomb killed one militiaman and wounded five more.
Two people were shot and wounded on a highway near Baquba.
Parliament elected a new speaker after failing at their first attempt on September 3. Lawmakers now have 90 days in which to create the new government. Sunni politician Mohammed al-Halbousi is a former governor of Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Near Kirkuk; 27 Killed in Iraq – January 23rd, 2019
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019