At least 11 people were killed or found dead, and eight were wounded:
In Mosul, security forces discovered eight bodies, including those that belonged to children.
In al-Zor, a bomb killed one militiaman and wounded five more.
Two people were shot and wounded on a highway near Baquba.
Parliament elected a new speaker after failing at their first attempt on September 3. Lawmakers now have 90 days in which to create the new government. Sunni politician Mohammed al-Halbousi is a former governor of Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019