Unidentified militants continue to damage the electricity infrastructure in Diyala and Kirkuk provinces. On Friday, transmission lines in Ausaj Valley were attacked. It is the eight time the lines have been damaged in the last two months. An attack on the transmission lines between Nasariya and Wasit was stopped.
At least seven were killed and seven were wounded:
A roadside bomb killed three policemen near Tikrit.
A bomb near the train station in Qaim left one policemen dead and two wounded.
In Zaghniya, a bomb killed a civilian and wounded two more.
Two civilians were wounded in a blast in Taji.
A bomb wounded a farmer in Abbara.
In Dibs, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 26 Shabaks Found in Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2019
- Border Guards Among 15 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2019
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019