At least 40 people were killed in recent violence:
Turkish forces killed 23 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq in the past week. Operations also took place in Turkey.
Near Tikrit, four militiamen were killed in a blast.
An overnight opertion left 12 militants dead near Ishaqi. This may be a continuation of recent activity in the area.
Security forces in Kokjali killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018