At least 40 people were killed in recent violence:
Turkish forces killed 23 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in northern Iraq in the past week. Operations also took place in Turkey.
Near Tikrit, four militiamen were killed in a blast.
An overnight opertion left 12 militants dead near Ishaqi. This may be a continuation of recent activity in the area.
Security forces in Kokjali killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018