At least 12 people were killed, and seven others were wounded in recent violence:
Five policemen were killed and another was wounded when militants opened fire on them during an operation near Daquq.
Near Rutba, a booby-trapped car killed three civilians and wounded another who were out gathering truffles.
Gunmen in Jalawla killed a policeman and wounded three others.
In Dujail, a grenade throw at the home of a militia leader killed his son and wounded his wife.
A government employee was shot dead when gunmen stormed his home in Wajihiya.
A police captain was killed and a policeman was wounded when they were attacked while on a flood inspection tour of the marshes in Maysan province.
Several militants were killed in Albu Hammoud.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019