Clashes took place after Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) members were not permitted to go through a checkpoint near the the Syrian border north of Mount Sinjar. The guerrillas killed two Iraqi soldiers, while at least three others were wounded. One P.K.K. member was killed, and at least four were wounded. The incident comes a day after P.K.K. members clashed with Turkish troops.
In Sadr City, a civilian was shot dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019