At least 13 people were killed and another two were wounded; another 47 were found in a mass grave:
A mass grave containing 47 bodies was found in Mahalibya, near Mosul. The group of victims was made up of security personnel.
Clashes in the Horan Valley near Haditha left eight militants dead and two tribal fighters wounded while on search operation for kidnapped truffle hunters. Five truffle hunters were set free in Anbar by their captors on Wednesday, after having been kidnapped while gathering the delicacy.
Security forces killed five militants riding in a vehicle in Badush.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019