At least nine people were killed, two were injured, and seven were sickened by tear gas:
A bomb blast close to the Rumaila oil field near Basra left two children dead and one wounded. It is unclear if this bombing is related to recent demonstrations in the area. The head of the provincial health committee, Haider Saadi, was wounded in a shooting that took place after protesters had staged a demonstration. At least seven security personnel were treated for symptoms of tear gas poisoning in recent days.
Four militants were killed in airstrikes on the Atshana Mountains.
Airstrikes on the border between Diyala and Salah ad Din provinces killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019