The bodies of three Turkmen were found in Tuz Khormato. The trio had been reported fishing when they were kidnapped. All of them were security personnel belonging to different units. Apparently, they were off duty.
Near Khanaqin, gunmen killed two policemen.
Five militants were killed in Mosul.
In other news, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported on the recent mass die-off of fish in the Euphrates River. Tests show that the water has high levels of coliform bacteria, ammonia, and heavy metals. Further tests on the fish are expected soon.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019