At least 16 were killed; 35 were wounded; and, 15 were found in a mass grave:
Islamic State militants assassinated the mukhtar of Mahmoudiya after storming his home. Abdallah al-Wasmi’s death brings to light the murders of two other village leaders this week. A mukhtar was assassinated in Hanutiya on Wednesday. Militants also killed the mukhtar of Jassemiya, Mohammad Jumaa, on Monday.
Two Peshmerga were abducted on Friday night from Dibs. The body of one of them was discovered on Saturday.
The body of a civilian abducted from Qahtaniya last week was found.
In Baghdad, the body of a child was discovered.
An attack in Khanaqin left three police and one civilian with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018