At least 16 were killed; 35 were wounded; and, 15 were found in a mass grave:
Islamic State militants assassinated the mukhtar of Mahmoudiya after storming his home. Abdallah al-Wasmi’s death brings to light the murders of two other village leaders this week. A mukhtar was assassinated in Hanutiya on Wednesday. Militants also killed the mukhtar of Jassemiya, Mohammad Jumaa, on Monday.
Two Peshmerga were abducted on Friday night from Dibs. The body of one of them was discovered on Saturday.
The body of a civilian abducted from Qahtaniya last week was found.
In Baghdad, the body of a child was discovered.
An attack in Khanaqin left three police and one civilian with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019