At least 16 were killed; 35 were wounded; and, 15 were found in a mass grave:
Islamic State militants assassinated the mukhtar of Mahmoudiya after storming his home. Abdallah al-Wasmi’s death brings to light the murders of two other village leaders this week. A mukhtar was assassinated in Hanutiya on Wednesday. Militants also killed the mukhtar of Jassemiya, Mohammad Jumaa, on Monday.
Two Peshmerga were abducted on Friday night from Dibs. The body of one of them was discovered on Saturday.
The body of a civilian abducted from Qahtaniya last week was found.
In Baghdad, the body of a child was discovered.
An attack in Khanaqin left three police and one civilian with injuries.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019