At least 20 people were killed, and 11 others were wounded in recent violence and executions:
The Justice Ministry announced that six prisoners were executed. The men were convicted on terrorism charges.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded two employees in Shirqat.
Near Muqdadiya, an attack on the home of a security member left one child dead.
A bomb in Kirkuk province wounded two oil policemen.
Turkey authorities announced the deaths of 12 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in the area of Amedi near the border with Turkey.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019