At least 20 people were killed, and 11 others were wounded in recent violence and executions:
The Justice Ministry announced that six prisoners were executed. The men were convicted on terrorism charges.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded two employees in Shirqat.
Near Muqdadiya, an attack on the home of a security member left one child dead.
A bomb in Kirkuk province wounded two oil policemen.
Turkey authorities announced the deaths of 12 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) in the area of Amedi near the border with Turkey.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019