The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights announced that 2,265 bodies have been exhumed, so far, in Nineveh province, which was held by the Islamic State militants from 2014-2017.Mosul is the largest city in the province.
At least four people were killed, and another was wounded in recent violence:
In Hakana, a bomb killed three employees of the water department.
An explosion in Naft Khana left one militiaman dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019