The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights announced that 2,265 bodies have been exhumed, so far, in Nineveh province, which was held by the Islamic State militants from 2014-2017.Mosul is the largest city in the province.
At least four people were killed, and another was wounded in recent violence:
In Hakana, a bomb killed three employees of the water department.
An explosion in Naft Khana left one militiaman dead and another wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks in Kirkuk and Diyala provinces; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2019
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019