At least seven people were killed, and two others were wounded in recent violence; 30 were found in a mass grave:
In Baghdad, unknown assailants assassinated Sheikh Ali Saeedi, a senior member of the Sa’eroun Alliance, led by cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.
Thirty bodies were found in a mass grave in Tal Keif.
Two farmers were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Turkish airstrikes on Zab killed six members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.).
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019