At least seven people were killed, and two others were wounded in recent violence; 30 were found in a mass grave:
In Baghdad, unknown assailants assassinated Sheikh Ali Saeedi, a senior member of the Sa’eroun Alliance, led by cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.
Thirty bodies were found in a mass grave in Tal Keif.
Two farmers were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Turkish airstrikes on Zab killed six members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.).
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019