At least 13 people were killed, and 25 others were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, several explosions left 23 people with injuries Sunday night. A bomb in Shoala wounded seven people including three policemen. Nearby in Chkook a bomb wounded two more people. One civilian was wounded in a blast in Kadhimiya. Three people were wounded in Abu Dsheer and another three were wounded in Yusufiya. A bomb in Sabaa Abkar wounded four people. Three people were wounded in a roadside bombing just south of the city.
An attack on a Rabza checkpoint left one policeman dead and two wounded.
Turkey reported killing nine members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) during airstrike on the Avasin-Basyan and Zap regions.
Militants also destroyed three water pipelines in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019