At least 13 people were killed, and 25 others were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, several explosions left 23 people with injuries Sunday night. A bomb in Shoala wounded seven people including three policemen. Nearby in Chkook a bomb wounded two more people. One civilian was wounded in a blast in Kadhimiya. Three people were wounded in Abu Dsheer and another three were wounded in Yusufiya. A bomb in Sabaa Abkar wounded four people. Three people were wounded in a roadside bombing just south of the city.
An attack on a Rabza checkpoint left one policeman dead and two wounded.
Turkey reported killing nine members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) during airstrike on the Avasin-Basyan and Zap regions.
Militants also destroyed three water pipelines in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019