At least 13 people were killed, and 25 others were wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, several explosions left 23 people with injuries Sunday night. A bomb in Shoala wounded seven people including three policemen. Nearby in Chkook a bomb wounded two more people. One civilian was wounded in a blast in Kadhimiya. Three people were wounded in Abu Dsheer and another three were wounded in Yusufiya. A bomb in Sabaa Abkar wounded four people. Three people were wounded in a roadside bombing just south of the city.
An attack on a Rabza checkpoint left one policeman dead and two wounded.
Turkey reported killing nine members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) during airstrike on the Avasin-Basyan and Zap regions.
Militants also destroyed three water pipelines in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018