Security forces including militiamen launched an operation in the Tal Afar region that will also include explosives removal.
At least eight people were killed, and three others were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed two people and wounded two more in Abu Dsheer district.
One person was injured when a bomb exploded in Abu Ghraib.
An airstrike on Muqdadiya killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018