Security forces including militiamen launched an operation in the Tal Afar region that will also include explosives removal.
At least eight people were killed, and three others were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed two people and wounded two more in Abu Dsheer district.
One person was injured when a bomb exploded in Abu Ghraib.
An airstrike on Muqdadiya killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019