Security forces including militiamen launched an operation in the Tal Afar region that will also include explosives removal.
At least eight people were killed, and three others were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb in Baghdad killed two people and wounded two more in Abu Dsheer district.
One person was injured when a bomb exploded in Abu Ghraib.
An airstrike on Muqdadiya killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019