At least 75 were killed or found in a mass grave, and 40 were wounded:
A mass grave containing 54 bodies was discovered in Kurdistan. They are believed to have been killed during the battles to recover Tikrit and Ouja.
Another 12 bodies were discovered in a mass grave in Mosul.
In Asadiya, militants killed three people.
A car bomb at a Fallujah market wounded five people, including two policemen.
Two brothers were wounded in Tuz Khormato when a bomb exploded.
An airstrike killed five militants in Kushuf village after reports of clashes in the Mosul area.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan threatened Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) guerrillas hiding in northern Iraq. Although Turkish forces have regularly attacked P.K.K. targets in Iraq, Erdoğan claimed he would finish them off for killing eight Turkish soldiers earlier this week in Turkey. The Turkish president was speaking to members of his AK Party at a summit when he made the threat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018