An ISIS grave found near Mosul contained 45 bodies. At least 10 were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A motorcycle bombing in Dibs left two people dead and one more wounded.
In Baghdad, a double bombing left one person dead and four wounded.
One policeman was killed and two were wounded when a bomb exploded in Riyadh.
A medical employee was shot dead in Basra.
A bomb wounded a soldier in Saidiya.
Turkish airstrikes on northern Iraq killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.)
Security forces killed a militant in Kirkuk.
In Imam Weis, another militant was killed.
A mass grave in Adhba gave up 45 bodies belonging to ISIS/Daesh members.
Quarreling Kurdish political parties forced the Iraqi parliament to postpone the selection of a new president on Monday. The impasse comes a day after the Iraqi Kurdistan region held elections for its own parliament. Final results have not been released. The two main Kurdish parties, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (K.D.P.) and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (P.U.K.) are unable to compromise on a candidate for the mostly ceremonial position of president of Iraq, which is reserved for a Kurdish member. Elections for the Iraqi parliament were held in May. The selection of the new government was delayed by vote recounts.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018