At least 34 were killed, and three were wounded in recent violence:
A stun grenade wounded a civilian in Baghdad.
Turkish forces announced the deaths of 10 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) during an operation in Metina, Iraq.
Residents killed two militants who were riding a motorcycle in Balad Ruz.
Many militants were also killed in Kirkuk province.
In other news: The Iraq High Commission for Human Rights (IHCHR) announced that all 76 detained protesters in Muthanna province were released.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018