Overall, at least seven people were killed, and five were wounded:
Two Peshmerga fighters claimed they were beaten at an Iraqi checkpoint near Tuz Khormato after the men displayed their Peshmerga identification to Iraqi forces.
In Mosul, a displaced family returned to their home only to trigger a booby-trap that killed all five members.
Gunmen killed a civilian near Khanaqin.
A bomb in Dibis wounded two brothers.
Demonstrators in southern Iraq are threatening to take up arms if attacks against them do not cease and prisoners are not released. Several demonstrators have been killed while hundreds have been wounded or arrested.
The head of the Daraji tribe, Sheikh Awni Sahib, rejected the Iraqi government’s call to end the protests and criticized attempts to paint demonstrators as insurgents or working for other governments.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Border Guards Among 15 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2019
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019