At least 34 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
Militants in Zirbani killed a village chief who had recently succeeded his murdered father as the chief.
Two soldiers were killed and two were wounded by a blast at the entrance to Rutba.
In Nukhaib, a bomb killed two soldiers.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more in Bakara.
A farmer was seriously wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jalawla.
Twenty militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Security forces killed a militant near Buhriz.
Iraqi troops and fighter planes conducted an operation into Syria, killing a number of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019