At least 34 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
Militants in Zirbani killed a village chief who had recently succeeded his murdered father as the chief.
Two soldiers were killed and two were wounded by a blast at the entrance to Rutba.
In Nukhaib, a bomb killed two soldiers.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more in Bakara.
A farmer was seriously wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jalawla.
Twenty militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Security forces killed a militant near Buhriz.
Iraqi troops and fighter planes conducted an operation into Syria, killing a number of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018