At least 34 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
Militants in Zirbani killed a village chief who had recently succeeded his murdered father as the chief.
Two soldiers were killed and two were wounded by a blast at the entrance to Rutba.
In Nukhaib, a bomb killed two soldiers.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more in Bakara.
A farmer was seriously wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jalawla.
Twenty militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Security forces killed a militant near Buhriz.
Iraqi troops and fighter planes conducted an operation into Syria, killing a number of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018