At least 34 people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
Militants in Zirbani killed a village chief who had recently succeeded his murdered father as the chief.
Two soldiers were killed and two were wounded by a blast at the entrance to Rutba.
In Nukhaib, a bomb killed two soldiers.
A bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more in Bakara.
A farmer was seriously wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jalawla.
Twenty militants were killed in an airstrike near Badush.
Security forces killed a militant near Buhriz.
Iraqi troops and fighter planes conducted an operation into Syria, killing a number of militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018