At least 19 people were killed in recent violence:
A bomb hidden in the rubble of a displaced Yazidi man’s home in Gir Ozeir exploded, killing the man. The man had returned to the home near Sinjar, hoping to find documents. He was living at a displaced person’s camp.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb attached to a car left the driver dead.
The body of a person who was tortured to death was found in Tal Afar.
An airstrike in Saidiya left eight militants dead.
In Tal al-Thalab, four suicide bombers were killed.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Security forces killed a militant in Diyala.
A militant official was killed during an operation on the Syria border.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018