At least 19 people were killed in recent violence:
A bomb hidden in the rubble of a displaced Yazidi man’s home in Gir Ozeir exploded, killing the man. The man had returned to the home near Sinjar, hoping to find documents. He was living at a displaced person’s camp.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb attached to a car left the driver dead.
The body of a person who was tortured to death was found in Tal Afar.
An airstrike in Saidiya left eight militants dead.
In Tal al-Thalab, four suicide bombers were killed.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Security forces killed a militant in Diyala.
A militant official was killed during an operation on the Syria border.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018