At least 19 people were killed in recent violence:
A bomb hidden in the rubble of a displaced Yazidi man’s home in Gir Ozeir exploded, killing the man. The man had returned to the home near Sinjar, hoping to find documents. He was living at a displaced person’s camp.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb attached to a car left the driver dead.
The body of a person who was tortured to death was found in Tal Afar.
An airstrike in Saidiya left eight militants dead.
In Tal al-Thalab, four suicide bombers were killed.
Two militants were killed in Baaj.
Security forces killed a militant in Diyala.
A militant official was killed during an operation on the Syria border.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019