At least 20 people were killed, and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A militia commander was killed during an attack on a highway between Kirkuk and Tuz Khormato. Abu Zahra al-Abadi was the Assistant Commander for East Tigris Operations for the Hashd al-Shaabi.
In Dour, militants killed a policeman and wounded two civilians.
A bomb in Baaj killed a policeman and wounded another.
A barber was shot dead in Husseiniya.
The body of a man bearing indications of torture was found in Bartala.
Near Wajihiya, the body of a security member was found. He had been shot.
An attack on Mubarak al-Farhan left four civilians with injuries.
A man was wounded and his son was kidnapped during a home invasion in Kirkuk. The family believes the men involved are federal police forces.
Fourteen militants were killed during operation in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018