At least 20 people were killed, and eight were wounded in recent violence:
A militia commander was killed during an attack on a highway between Kirkuk and Tuz Khormato. Abu Zahra al-Abadi was the Assistant Commander for East Tigris Operations for the Hashd al-Shaabi.
In Dour, militants killed a policeman and wounded two civilians.
A bomb in Baaj killed a policeman and wounded another.
A barber was shot dead in Husseiniya.
The body of a man bearing indications of torture was found in Bartala.
Near Wajihiya, the body of a security member was found. He had been shot.
An attack on Mubarak al-Farhan left four civilians with injuries.
A man was wounded and his son was kidnapped during a home invasion in Kirkuk. The family believes the men involved are federal police forces.
Fourteen militants were killed during operation in Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019