Iraq is redeploying security forces and heavy weaponry to Kirkuk, Diyala, and Salah ad Din provinces to handle increasing attacks from Islamic State sleeper cells. Also, Peshmerga leaders met with Coalition representatives to discuss other operations against the Islamic State in Kurdish areas.
At least 26 people were killed in recent violence:
A 17-year-old shepherd was killed in a bombing in Hawija.
Near Baquba, one security member was shot dead during an operation to weed out ISIS/Daesh members.
Four P.K.K. members were killed in Turkish airstrikes in Zab and Avasin-Basyan.
Airstrikes killed 17 militants in Tuz Khormato.
A strike on Hit killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019