Iraq is redeploying security forces and heavy weaponry to Kirkuk, Diyala, and Salah ad Din provinces to handle increasing attacks from Islamic State sleeper cells. Also, Peshmerga leaders met with Coalition representatives to discuss other operations against the Islamic State in Kurdish areas.
At least 26 people were killed in recent violence:
A 17-year-old shepherd was killed in a bombing in Hawija.
Near Baquba, one security member was shot dead during an operation to weed out ISIS/Daesh members.
Four P.K.K. members were killed in Turkish airstrikes in Zab and Avasin-Basyan.
Airstrikes killed 17 militants in Tuz Khormato.
A strike on Hit killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018