Iraq is redeploying security forces and heavy weaponry to Kirkuk, Diyala, and Salah ad Din provinces to handle increasing attacks from Islamic State sleeper cells. Also, Peshmerga leaders met with Coalition representatives to discuss other operations against the Islamic State in Kurdish areas.
At least 26 people were killed in recent violence:
A 17-year-old shepherd was killed in a bombing in Hawija.
Near Baquba, one security member was shot dead during an operation to weed out ISIS/Daesh members.
Four P.K.K. members were killed in Turkish airstrikes in Zab and Avasin-Basyan.
Airstrikes killed 17 militants in Tuz Khormato.
A strike on Hit killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018