Iraq is redeploying security forces and heavy weaponry to Kirkuk, Diyala, and Salah ad Din provinces to handle increasing attacks from Islamic State sleeper cells. Also, Peshmerga leaders met with Coalition representatives to discuss other operations against the Islamic State in Kurdish areas.
At least 26 people were killed in recent violence:
A 17-year-old shepherd was killed in a bombing in Hawija.
Near Baquba, one security member was shot dead during an operation to weed out ISIS/Daesh members.
Four P.K.K. members were killed in Turkish airstrikes in Zab and Avasin-Basyan.
Airstrikes killed 17 militants in Tuz Khormato.
A strike on Hit killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018