Iraq is redeploying security forces and heavy weaponry to Kirkuk, Diyala, and Salah ad Din provinces to handle increasing attacks from Islamic State sleeper cells. Also, Peshmerga leaders met with Coalition representatives to discuss other operations against the Islamic State in Kurdish areas.
At least 26 people were killed in recent violence:
A 17-year-old shepherd was killed in a bombing in Hawija.
Near Baquba, one security member was shot dead during an operation to weed out ISIS/Daesh members.
Four P.K.K. members were killed in Turkish airstrikes in Zab and Avasin-Basyan.
Airstrikes killed 17 militants in Tuz Khormato.
A strike on Hit killed three militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019