U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has directed the U.S. Agency for International Development to fast track more than $100 million in funding that will assist Christians and Yazidis in Iraq. Meanwhile, the U.N. Refugee Agency Special Envoy Angelina Jolie visited Mosul to meet with families, tour the devastation, and focus world attention on the residents’ needs.
At least seven people were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence.:
Gunmen killed a man in Basra.
A policeman was injured during an attack in Buhriz.
Bombs in Hawija wounded several militiamen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018