U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has directed the U.S. Agency for International Development to fast track more than $100 million in funding that will assist Christians and Yazidis in Iraq. Meanwhile, the U.N. Refugee Agency Special Envoy Angelina Jolie visited Mosul to meet with families, tour the devastation, and focus world attention on the residents’ needs.
At least seven people were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence.:
Gunmen killed a man in Basra.
A policeman was injured during an attack in Buhriz.
Bombs in Hawija wounded several militiamen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Yields 23 Bodies; 19 Others Wounded in Iraq – September 14th, 2018