U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has directed the U.S. Agency for International Development to fast track more than $100 million in funding that will assist Christians and Yazidis in Iraq. Meanwhile, the U.N. Refugee Agency Special Envoy Angelina Jolie visited Mosul to meet with families, tour the devastation, and focus world attention on the residents’ needs.
At least seven people were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence.:
Gunmen killed a man in Basra.
A policeman was injured during an attack in Buhriz.
Bombs in Hawija wounded several militiamen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019