U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has directed the U.S. Agency for International Development to fast track more than $100 million in funding that will assist Christians and Yazidis in Iraq. Meanwhile, the U.N. Refugee Agency Special Envoy Angelina Jolie visited Mosul to meet with families, tour the devastation, and focus world attention on the residents’ needs.
At least seven people were killed and eight were wounded in recent violence.:
Gunmen killed a man in Basra.
A policeman was injured during an attack in Buhriz.
Bombs in Hawija wounded several militiamen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019