At least 11 ISIS militants were killed, and three civilians were wounded in recent violence.
A bomb wounded three people at a market in Yusufiya.
Six ISIS militants were killed in an airstrike near Rawah.
Security forces killed five militants in Rashad.
In other news:
On Saturday, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr met with Hadi al-Amiri, lawmaker and head of the Badr Organization. Amiri’s Fatih list came in second after Sadr’s Sa’iroun in the recent parliamentary elections, giving both men some say in shaping the next government. The meeting could suggest that the pair intend to form a coalition together. Meanwhile, Arabs and Turkmen in Kirkuk continue to protest the election results there, which favored a Kurdish party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018