At least 11 ISIS militants were killed, and three civilians were wounded in recent violence.
A bomb wounded three people at a market in Yusufiya.
Six ISIS militants were killed in an airstrike near Rawah.
Security forces killed five militants in Rashad.
In other news:
On Saturday, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr met with Hadi al-Amiri, lawmaker and head of the Badr Organization. Amiri’s Fatih list came in second after Sadr’s Sa’iroun in the recent parliamentary elections, giving both men some say in shaping the next government. The meeting could suggest that the pair intend to form a coalition together. Meanwhile, Arabs and Turkmen in Kirkuk continue to protest the election results there, which favored a Kurdish party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018