At least 11 ISIS militants were killed, and three civilians were wounded in recent violence.
A bomb wounded three people at a market in Yusufiya.
Six ISIS militants were killed in an airstrike near Rawah.
Security forces killed five militants in Rashad.
In other news:
On Saturday, Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr met with Hadi al-Amiri, lawmaker and head of the Badr Organization. Amiri’s Fatih list came in second after Sadr’s Sa’iroun in the recent parliamentary elections, giving both men some say in shaping the next government. The meeting could suggest that the pair intend to form a coalition together. Meanwhile, Arabs and Turkmen in Kirkuk continue to protest the election results there, which favored a Kurdish party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018