Two Kurdistan election candidates were attacked and wounded at separate locations in Diyala province.
Unidentified assailants slightly injured an election candidate, Avin Mohammad Hassan al-Zahawi, during an attack on a highway near Khanaqin. She is running as a member of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan party.
In Khanaqin, another candidate was wounded in an attack blamed on Shi’ite militias, who were supporting their candidate. Irfan Saadullah is running on the Kurdistan Democratic Party ticket.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019