At least seven people were killed, and 11 were wounded in recent violence:
A sniper in Dibis killed a senior militia commander, Sultan Yassin al-Hamdani who was a Sunni member of the Hashd al-Shaabi militias’ 56th brigade. A sticky bomb killed a tribal fighter. Three civilians were killed when two more bombs blew up. A bomb wounded police colonel Nasser Hamid Aboud.
Another militia commander was reported killed in Neda. Najim Hadi was in charge of a checkpoint there.
At bomb at the Khabaz oil field wounded three workers.
During a search in Bishkan, security forces killed a militant.
In other news: Iraqi intelligence services say they lured five top Islamic State commanders across the border from Syria. Saddam al-Jammel, Mohamed al-Qadeer, Ismail al-Eithawi, Omar al-Karbouli and Essam al-Zawba were arrested after the crossed the border into Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018
- Bomb Blast at Mosul Restaurant; 13 Killed in Iraq – November 8th, 2018