At least one person was killed, and five were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen wounded the head of the New Generation list in Erbil. Rabun Maarouf has been a member of the Kurdish Parliament as part of the Gorran party and is now running as a candidate for the Iraqi Parliament. His bodyguard was also injured. The attack appears to have occurred at a political rally.
Gunmen in Qayara killed a civilian and wounded another.
A police colonel was wounded in a blast in Dibis.
In Abu Saida, a civilian was wounded during an attempted attack on a wedding party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018