At least one person was killed, and five were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen wounded the head of the New Generation list in Erbil. Rabun Maarouf has been a member of the Kurdish Parliament as part of the Gorran party and is now running as a candidate for the Iraqi Parliament. His bodyguard was also injured. The attack appears to have occurred at a political rally.
Gunmen in Qayara killed a civilian and wounded another.
A police colonel was wounded in a blast in Dibis.
In Abu Saida, a civilian was wounded during an attempted attack on a wedding party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018