At least one person was killed, and five were wounded in recent violence:
Gunmen wounded the head of the New Generation list in Erbil. Rabun Maarouf has been a member of the Kurdish Parliament as part of the Gorran party and is now running as a candidate for the Iraqi Parliament. His bodyguard was also injured. The attack appears to have occurred at a political rally.
Gunmen in Qayara killed a civilian and wounded another.
A police colonel was wounded in a blast in Dibis.
In Abu Saida, a civilian was wounded during an attempted attack on a wedding party.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019