Unknown assailants wearing military uniforms kidnapped Bashar Mustafa, vice president of the Olympic Committee in Iraq and head of the Boxing Federation, at a fake checkpoint near Mussayab.
At least 13 people were killed, and seven were wounded in recent violence:
A bomb hurled at the office of a Turkmen candidate in Kirkuk wounded a child when it exploded.
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded the owner of a private electric facility.
Turkish airstrikes neutralized six members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in or near Avasin-Basyan, Gara, Hakurk, Kani Rash, and Zap. The term “neutralized” means killed or captured. In this case, it likely means killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019