Iraqi air forces launched airstrikes targeting Islamic State militants inside Syria, near Hajin. F-16 fighter jets carried out the operation with cooperation from Syria and support from the Coalition. Among the targets was an explosives factory. The number of casualties was not released.
At least five people were killed in recent violence:
In Jurf al-Sakr, gunmen killed a militiaman.
A landmine killed an elderly man in Jublakhi village, near the Kurdish-Iranian border.
Security members killed three militants in Khadraa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018