Iraqi air forces launched airstrikes targeting Islamic State militants inside Syria, near Hajin. F-16 fighter jets carried out the operation with cooperation from Syria and support from the Coalition. Among the targets was an explosives factory. The number of casualties was not released.
At least five people were killed in recent violence:
In Jurf al-Sakr, gunmen killed a militiaman.
A landmine killed an elderly man in Jublakhi village, near the Kurdish-Iranian border.
Security members killed three militants in Khadraa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018