Iraqi air forces launched airstrikes targeting Islamic State militants inside Syria, near Hajin. F-16 fighter jets carried out the operation with cooperation from Syria and support from the Coalition. Among the targets was an explosives factory. The number of casualties was not released.
At least five people were killed in recent violence:
In Jurf al-Sakr, gunmen killed a militiaman.
A landmine killed an elderly man in Jublakhi village, near the Kurdish-Iranian border.
Security members killed three militants in Khadraa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019
- 38 Found in Mass Grave near Mosul; One Killed in Iraq – January 9th, 2019