Turkish authorities say airstrikes have “neutralized” 14 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) who were located in Iraqi Kurdistan. The statement did not detail how many were killed, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. Turkish troops have been moving further into Iraqi territory in recent days, chasing the guerrilla group, which has used the weak border to cross regularly into Turkey to stage attacks.
At least three were killed in recent violence:
civilians were shot to death in Dibs.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018