Turkish authorities say airstrikes have “neutralized” 14 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (P.K.K.) who were located in Iraqi Kurdistan. The statement did not detail how many were killed, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. Turkish troops have been moving further into Iraqi territory in recent days, chasing the guerrilla group, which has used the weak border to cross regularly into Turkey to stage attacks.
At least three were killed in recent violence:
civilians were shot to death in Dibs.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019