All seven U.S. airmen aboard an HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter were killed when the aircraft crashed near Qaim, after hitting a power line. The crash is still under investigation, but there is no indication that hostile fire was involved.
At least 124 others were killed, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
Militants killed four soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Qaim.
A bomb at a Madaen marketplace wounded two shoppers.
Authorities announced that 80 militants have been killed during various operations in Kirkuk province over the last 20 days.
In Mosul, a newly found mass grave contained 35 bodies belonging to Islamic State militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018