All seven U.S. airmen aboard an HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter were killed when the aircraft crashed near Qaim, after hitting a power line. The crash is still under investigation, but there is no indication that hostile fire was involved.
At least 124 others were killed, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
Militants killed four soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Qaim.
A bomb at a Madaen marketplace wounded two shoppers.
Authorities announced that 80 militants have been killed during various operations in Kirkuk province over the last 20 days.
In Mosul, a newly found mass grave contained 35 bodies belonging to Islamic State militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018
- Fresh ISIS Clashes and Attacks; 42 Killed in Iraq – August 12th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Tribal Fighters near Baiji; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 11th, 2018
- Double Bombing Targets First Responders; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 10th, 2018