All seven U.S. airmen aboard an HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter were killed when the aircraft crashed near Qaim, after hitting a power line. The crash is still under investigation, but there is no indication that hostile fire was involved.
At least 124 others were killed, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
Militants killed four soldiers and wounded four more at a checkpoint near Qaim.
A bomb at a Madaen marketplace wounded two shoppers.
Authorities announced that 80 militants have been killed during various operations in Kirkuk province over the last 20 days.
In Mosul, a newly found mass grave contained 35 bodies belonging to Islamic State militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018