Sixteen Turkish women were handed death sentences in an Iraqi court on Sunday, for joining the Islamic State militants or at least providing aid. They are allowed to appeal their verdicts.
May elections are drawing closer, but there are fears that Iraq’s ethnic and religious rivalries could spell a return of conflict instead of unity.
At least 93 people were killed, and nine more were wounded:
Diyala Operations Command announced the killing of 60 militants during airstrikes on the Hamrin Mountains area last week.
Security forces launched a missile attack on a cave near Baaj, killing 30 militants.
Two militants were killed during a failed attack on militia forces in Salah ad Din province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018
- Bomb Blast at Mosul Restaurant; 13 Killed in Iraq – November 8th, 2018