Authorities are investigating the cause of a mass poisoning in Tuz Khormato that left one child dead and 60 hospitalized. They do not believe whatever sickened the people was in the water supply
At least 208 people were killed or found dead, and 14 more were wounded:
Islamic State militants attack the Khabaza oil field, where they killed two policemen and wounded three more.
One militiaman was killed and three were wounded in an ambush near Hawija.
A bomb at a Wardiya market killed one person and wounded two more.
The bodies of 200 militants were discovered under the rubble in Mosul and then reburied.
Security forces killed three militants in Makhmour.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018