And undisclosed number of Russian T-90 battle tanks has arrived in Iraq. This delivery is the first group of 73 promised tanks.
Fifty volunteers underwent training in Mosul to learn how to re-educate children brainwashed by Islamic State militants.
At least 116 people were killed or found dead, and seven more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave containing 111 bodies was discovered near Qayara in the village of Ramdaniya. The victims are believed to be either security personnel of members of an electoral commission.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a man in Furat.
Four people were wounded in a bombing at a Yusufiya commercial area.
In Tarmiya, a bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018