And undisclosed number of Russian T-90 battle tanks has arrived in Iraq. This delivery is the first group of 73 promised tanks.
Fifty volunteers underwent training in Mosul to learn how to re-educate children brainwashed by Islamic State militants.
At least 116 people were killed or found dead, and seven more were wounded in recent violence:
A mass grave containing 111 bodies was discovered near Qayara in the village of Ramdaniya. The victims are believed to be either security personnel of members of an electoral commission.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a man in Furat.
Four people were wounded in a bombing at a Yusufiya commercial area.
In Tarmiya, a bomb wounded three people.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018