U.S. Central Command is reporting a 37 percent rise in the number of civilian contractors hired to support U.S. and Coalition operations in Iraq over the last 12 months.
At least 66 people were killed or found dead, and two more were wounded:
A mass grave containing 52 security personal from the Badush prison was discovered.
Gunmen killed a militia leader and wounded a companion near his Hawsa home.
Gunmen wounded a judge in Jbela.
Five militants were killed while trying to infiltrate villages in the Shirqat area.
Security forces in Mosul killed three militants.
Near Samarra, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019