U.S. Central Command is reporting a 37 percent rise in the number of civilian contractors hired to support U.S. and Coalition operations in Iraq over the last 12 months.
At least 66 people were killed or found dead, and two more were wounded:
A mass grave containing 52 security personal from the Badush prison was discovered.
Gunmen killed a militia leader and wounded a companion near his Hawsa home.
Gunmen wounded a judge in Jbela.
Five militants were killed while trying to infiltrate villages in the Shirqat area.
Security forces in Mosul killed three militants.
Near Samarra, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018