U.S. Central Command is reporting a 37 percent rise in the number of civilian contractors hired to support U.S. and Coalition operations in Iraq over the last 12 months.
At least 66 people were killed or found dead, and two more were wounded:
A mass grave containing 52 security personal from the Badush prison was discovered.
Gunmen killed a militia leader and wounded a companion near his Hawsa home.
Gunmen wounded a judge in Jbela.
Five militants were killed while trying to infiltrate villages in the Shirqat area.
Security forces in Mosul killed three militants.
Near Samarra, a suicide bomber was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018