The Tamarchin and Parviz Khan border crossings between Iran and Kurdistan were reopened. At Baghdad’s request, the crossings were closed after the September independence referendum was held.
A former ISIS/Daesh executioner, known as White Beard, was captured in Mosul, after residents reported him. Abu Omer was seen in several militant videos.
At least 42 people were killed, and six more were wounded in recent violence:
In Kirkuk, gunmen shot dead an official from the Turkmen Front party, Ala al-Din al-Salhi.
Gunmen killed three lawyers on a road near Hammam al-Alil. The trio was said to be working on terrorism-related cases.
A blast in Shatt al-Taji left three wounded.
In Tarmiya, a bomb wounded two army personnel.
A bomb wounded a police conscript in Albu Thalab.
Another 15 militants were killed at a separate location along the border with Syria.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018