On Friday, about 45 villages were recaptured during an widespread operation in the provinces of Anbar, Nineveh, or Salah ad Din.
At least 27 people were killed or found dead, and 11 were wounded:
Two people were killed and four were wounded in a blast in Yusufiya.
A bomb in Jbela killed a farmer and wounded another.
In Baghdad, a bomb left three people with injuries.
A bomb wounded three people in Hammam al-Alil.
At least 21 militants were killed during the liberation of 20 villages.
In Hawija, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018