The number civilians displaced by the fighting in the Mosul theater is closing in on 42,000 people.
Militants forcibly relocated another 25,000 people — this time from Sharqat to Hawija —for use as human shields.
Among the newest areas liberated were Intisar, Khadra, Kirkukli, Malayin, Samah, and Zahra.
The United States admitted to killing civilians in airstrikes on Iraq and Syria.
At least 89 people were killed and 32 were wounded:
An Iraqi soldier killed five relatives and wounded nine more in a family dispute in Shatra.
A bomb killed one and wounded six more in Baghdad.
Near Kirkuk, a dumped body was found.
Militiamen killed 22 militants in Mawaly.
Peshmerga forces in Bashiqa killed 13 militants.
Three suicide bombers were killed in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018