The number civilians displaced by the fighting in the Mosul theater is closing in on 42,000 people.
Militants forcibly relocated another 25,000 people — this time from Sharqat to Hawija —for use as human shields.
Among the newest areas liberated were Intisar, Khadra, Kirkukli, Malayin, Samah, and Zahra.
The United States admitted to killing civilians in airstrikes on Iraq and Syria.
At least 89 people were killed and 32 were wounded:
An Iraqi soldier killed five relatives and wounded nine more in a family dispute in Shatra.
A bomb killed one and wounded six more in Baghdad.
Near Kirkuk, a dumped body was found.
Militiamen killed 22 militants in Mawaly.
Peshmerga forces in Bashiqa killed 13 militants.
Three suicide bombers were killed in Hawija.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018