Turkey claims to have killed 25 Kurdish rebels and wounded 23 more during June 24 strikes in the Qandil Mountains of Iraq. The Kurdistan Workers Party, meanwhile, said they killed a Turkish officer and wounded a second. While those casualties could not be independently confirmed, shelling did wound at least one Iraqi civilian on that day.
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 16 more were wounded in new violence.
A blast at a Rabeaa market left four dead and two wounded.
In Baghdad, a bomb targeting a police patrol traveling in Mansour killed a traffic policeman instead and wounded eight bystanders. Last night, gunmen killed a police official.
A police lieutenant was killed and four more were wounded during a small arms attack on a checkpoint in Buhriz.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another in Hammam al-Alil.
A civilian was injured when an I.E.D. blew up in a Kirkuk vegetable shop.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019