Updated at 7:00 p.m. EDT, July 17, 2008
At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in a light day of violence. Seven foreign fighters were killed in a security operation in Samarra. No attacks were reported in Mosul for the first time in days. Yesterday, bombs there and in neighboring Tal Afar left over 100 casualties. One American servicemember was killed in a vehicular incident.
In Samarra, a roadside bomb wounded seven members of an Awakening Council. During a security operation, Iraqi police killed four Iraqi suspects and seven foreign nationals. At least 47 suspects were detained in the area.
In Baghdad, one civilian was killed and three were wounded during a roadside bombing in New Baghdad. A roadside bomb targeting a U.S. patrol in Obeidi left no casualties. 15 suspects were captured and a number of arms were seized. Two unidentified bodies were discovered.
A roadside bomb in al-Nyi left one man dead and his four sons wounded.
In Nasariya, someone left a bomb outside a building housing Hezbollah offices. The building’s caretaker found the package it was hidden in and brought it inside to inspect it. The bomb blew up injuring the caretaker.
A kidnapped girl was freed in Kut.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018