Updated at 9:10 p.m. EDT, June 2, 2008
1 US Soldier and at least 18 Iraqis were killed and 60 were wounded in the latest attacks. The US army reported that one of its soldiers died in a non-combat incident. US forces also killed two militants of unknown nationality northwest of Tikrit during anti-al-Qaeda operations.
In Central Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed one Iraq, and wounded six others. In Western Baghdad, gunmen threw a hand grenade at a civilian car, injuring three. Police also reported finding three dead bodies across Baghdad.
In Kirkuk, gunmen killed a police officer during a kidnapping
In Mosul, a roadside bomb targeting a US patrol killed an Iraqi woman. Also, a roadside bomb targeting police wounded two civilians. The Deputy Dean of Mosul Agricultural college was killed by explosives planted in his car. A suicide bomber with a car packed full of explosives targeted the Nineveh police station is Eastern Mosul, killing nine and wounding 46 others.
In Baquba, a a bombing at the Diyala headquarters of the Awakening Council wounded three fighters. Also, a would-be suicide bomber died in Tahrir district when the belt he was wearing detonated in his house.
Compiled by Jason Ditz
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019