Updated at 10:45 p.m. EDT, Aug. 18, 2007
In what was an unusually quiet Saturday, at least 32 Iraqis were killed and 46 more were wounded in the latest attacks. No foreign military deaths were reported.
Three bodies, all bearing gunshots to the head, were found in Iskandariya.
A police officer was killed in a drive-by shooting in Hilla.
U.S. forces and the Mahdi Army fought in Kut, but no casualties were as yet reported.
A sniper near Fallujah, in the Al Bu Awda area, wounded two police recruits.
A civilian was wounded in Ankawa when gunmen opened fire.
Over the past three days, Iran has been intermittently shelling positions in northeast Iraq. Two women were wounded.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019