A U.S. Marine was killed in a rocket attack on a base in Makhmour. He is the second American service member to die in combat in Iraq since the Coalition began fighting the Islamic State. At least three more Marines are being treated for injuries.
Iraqi forces launched what they hope will be the final operation to reclaim Hit and Kubeisa.
Turkish warplanes bombed orchards and forest areas in Dohuk province.
Besides the U.S. Marines, at least 170 others were killed; another eight were wounded:
A mass grave believed to contain the remains of 70 Yazidi women was discovered in Badush.
Tribal fighters and security forces fought militants in Juba. Two tribal fighters were killed and four were wounded. Fifteen militants were also killed.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed two people and wounded four more.
A civilian was shot dead in Tuz.
Forty militants were killed during operations in Garma.
In Mosul, Daesh killed 20 of their own for refusing to fight.
Eighteen militants were killed in Kubeisa.
Security forces killed a prominent sniper and his companion at the Alas oil fields.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018