At least five Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in light violence. Meanwhile, Iraq began disarming private contractors in what appears to be a response to the dismissal of U.S. court case against Blackwater.
Iraqi forces began confiscating arms from private security contractors that are no longer licensed to operate in Iraq. The operation comes a week after U.S. judge dismissed a court case involving five Blackwater Worldwide guards accused of murdering Iraqi civilians in a controversial 2007 shootout. The dismissal infuriated Iraqis who believe it underscores the lawlessness in which U.S. contractors have operated throughout Iraq. The U.S. State Department said it will review the handling of the case.
A pair of newlyweds was shot dead in a home northeast of Arbil in Souran village.
Two people were wounded near Rashad, when they came across a roadside bomb.
A U.S. patrol struck a roadside bomb near Diwaniya. No casualties were reported yet.
A dangerous suspect was arrested in Amara.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018