At least 17 people were killed, and 16 were wounded:
Five soldiers were killed, and another was wounded, when a gunman opened fire at a base in Abu Ghraib.
In Youssef al-Hillan, a policeman was shot dead.
demonstrators and two policemen were wounded during demonstrations in Basra.
An airstrike killed three militants in Metabijh.
Six militants were killed during a two-week operation in Hawdh al-Waqf.
Also, two mass graves were discovered. Authorities believe that one dates to 2015 and contains Islamic State victims. The other is older, dating to 2007, and is likely the work of al-Qaeda militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019