At least nine people were killed, and another three were wounded:
The bodies of five fishermen were discovered at a campsite near Lake Thar Thar. A firefight that followed the discovery left three security personnel wounded. Authorities believe the men, who bore gunshot wounds, were killed by Islamic State militants. The men were from Najaf.
Airstrikes on the Makhoul Mountains left two militants dead.
A militant was killed during an operation in Yaiji.
Near Riyadh, another militant was killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019