At least three people were killed and three more were wounded:
Security forces rescued 30 civilians who were under siege in the Makhoul Mountains. The group may have consisted of two families out hunting or hiking, when gunmen came across them. Two militants were wounded in the clashes.
One special forces officer was killed and another was wounded in an attack in Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019