At least two people were killed, and one was wounded in recent violence:
Demonstrators near the governor’s offices in Basra set fire to a police station and threw stones at police, injuring one officer. Tear gas was used to disperse the crowd, which was calling for the release of protesters arrested earlier this week, as well as better services and jobs.
A militant was killed during a failed attack on a village in the Kirkuk area.
In Baghdad, federal police killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019