At least two people were killed, and one was wounded in recent violence:
Demonstrators near the governor’s offices in Basra set fire to a police station and threw stones at police, injuring one officer. Tear gas was used to disperse the crowd, which was calling for the release of protesters arrested earlier this week, as well as better services and jobs.
A militant was killed during a failed attack on a village in the Kirkuk area.
In Baghdad, federal police killed a militant.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019