At least seven people were killed, and 16 were wounded in recent violence; 40 bodies were found in a mass grave:
Forty bodies belonging to ISIS members were discovered in a mass grave in Kaske.
In Rashad, a bombing wounded seven militiamen. Their comrades transported them to a hospital in Kirkuk, where police told them to leave their weapons outside. When they refused to obey the order, a skirmish broke out, leaving three more wounded.
An old landmine in Sitkan killed one person and wounded three more.
One police officer was killed and two more were wounded when militants attacked a station in Mahmoud Abbas.
An airstrike killed three militants in Makhmour.
A militant leader was killed in an airstrike in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019