At least seven people were killed, and 16 were wounded in recent violence; 40 bodies were found in a mass grave:
Forty bodies belonging to ISIS members were discovered in a mass grave in Kaske.
In Rashad, a bombing wounded seven militiamen. Their comrades transported them to a hospital in Kirkuk, where police told them to leave their weapons outside. When they refused to obey the order, a skirmish broke out, leaving three more wounded.
An old landmine in Sitkan killed one person and wounded three more.
One police officer was killed and two more were wounded when militants attacked a station in Mahmoud Abbas.
An airstrike killed three militants in Makhmour.
A militant leader was killed in an airstrike in the Hamrin Mountains.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019
- Bomb Targets Tribal Leader and Family; Two Killed in Iraq – April 10th, 2019